1. The weather - Spain is the sunniest country in Europe with an average of 300 sunny days a year.
2. Health - People in Spain can expect an average of almost eighty years of healthy living and a high average life expectancy of just under eighty-one and a half years.
3. The Landscape - Mainland Spain and its islands offer a multitude of beautiful landscapes - from the Mediterranean coast and beaches to alpine regions, forests, and volcanic islands.
4. Cost of Living - Petrol, groceries, restaurants & bars, all see lower prices than most other European countries, so you can enjoy a good way of life.
5. Siestas - Many shops and businesses close for a few hours in the afternoon but then are open into the evening. A good excuse to put your feet up and relax in the afternoon, knowing you can always pop out later to do any errands.
6. Fiestas - Oh, do the Spaniards know how to party! Barely a week goes by without a parade or festival. And it is common for parties to last well into the night.
7. Friendly people - the Spanish, on the whole, are very friendly and welcoming to other nationalities. In our experience, if you make a little effort to speak Spanish they will always help you. Many (especially younger Spaniards) do speak very good English too.
8. Spanish culture - People in Spain enjoy a much more relaxed pace of life. They enjoy spending time with family and 60% of Spaniards go to church.
9. Outdoor Life - Wonder through a white-washed village, enjoy the vast open spaces and beaches. Or go skiing in the mountains. It is possible to go skiing in the morning and sunbathe on a beach in the afternoon.
10. Food - From tapas to paella, the Spanish love their food with many regional traditional dishes, which must be tried. Here's a link to the top ten foods with recipes
What would you add to the list? Comment below!